What would I do without Mamafami
Once again a beautiful, quick and easy recipe "cilok" from Mamafami.
Enjoyed by the whole family.... thanks Mama
Serves 6 to 8
400 g minced meat
3 tablespoons curry powder
300 g onion ~ diced
100 ml cooking oil
250 ml water
45 pieces cream crackers
4 eggs ~ beaten
4 tablespoons margarine
salt to taste
To be blended together :
3 cloves garlic
2 cm ginger
To be mixed :
300 ml fresh milk
400 ml coconut milk
To be blended chopped :
6 fresh red chillies
6 spring onions
1. Heat oil and fry the blended ingredients and curry powder till fragrant.
2. Add in minced meat and stir for about 3 minutes. Add in water and stir till water dried up.
3. Put in diced onion and cook till onion turns translucent. Add salt and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Boil the mixed ingredients (milk and coconut milk) and add salt. Remove from heat. (I just use fresh milk)
5. Grease a square 25 cm tin with margarine.
6. Dip a few cream crackers into the boiled milk and allow to soften slightly. Arrange the soaked crackers onto the base of the baking tin to cover it.
7. Spread the minced filling on top, followed by spring onion, chillie and egg. Repeat step 6 and 7 till all the crackers and filling are used. You should get about 5 layers.
8. Pour the balance milk onto the martabak. Place a few dollop of margarine on top.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 50 minutes or till done.
10. Leave to cool before cutting.